During the 2018 Pan Am & Para Pan Am Sprint Canoe Championships we had the pleasure of hosting the IFC ITO Seminar.
In the picture we can see the newest ICF Officials who successfully completed the ICF Seminar!
This education programme was launched in 2009 to raise the level of the international technical officials. The pilot seminar was organized in Tehran (IRI) during the Asian Canoe Sprint Championships 2009.
The Canoe Sprint ITO Seminar contains the following:
- Preparation of tasks before seminar
- A level entry test before the theory sessions to focus on correct areas of officiating
- Theory sessions before practise in an international event
- Practise four different duties minimum
- Written examination of CSP Racing Rules and ICF Statutes
- Verbal examination of CSP Racing Rules and ICF Statutes